Author Topic: FetchEmail problem in v9.5.0.72 for .NET 4.7.1 64-bit  (Read 138 times)

BenevolentDeity

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 2
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
FetchEmail problem in v9.5.0.72 for .NET 4.7.1 64-bit
« on: April 20, 2018, 09:04:36 PM »
Hello,

I've got a 64-bit C# email app I've been running for many years with no problems through various versions of the .NET framework and corresponding Chilkat DLLs.  Since  v4.6.1 of the framework and the ChilkatDotNet46 64-bit DLL came out I've been running them with absolutely no problems.  Just for the heck of it I decided to move to v4.7.1 of the framework and the ChilkatDotNet47 64-bit v9.5.0.72 DLL.  In Visual Studio I changed all my references to ChilkatDotNet47.dll, copied ChilkatDotNet47.dll into my executable directory, removed ChilkatDotNet46.dll, then cleaned and rebuilt my project.

I always test my builds by quickly sending hundreds of emails to an email server on my local computer and then reading all of them back via POP3, and I've never had any problems whatsoever with this.  However, once I rebuilt for 4.7.1, although it works correctly part of the time, frequently the app starts getting FetchEmail errors, often over 100 in row before it starts working correctly again.  This happens repeatedly.  I then switched everything back to v4.6.1 and everything ran perfectly again.  Below is a copy of the ChilkatLog for one of the typical failures (with the UnlockPrefix suppressed).  What struck me as odd, but maybe it's not, was the fact that the "Language" was listed as ".NET 4.6 VS2017 / x 64".  Maybe that's perfectly correct but I would have expected it to be 4.7, not 4.6.  I don't know if this might be a framework problem, a Chilkat problem, or something else but for now I'm forced to leave it at 4.6.  I would like to get this resolved eventually, however.

Thanks,
Ray

4/20/2018 5:11:10 PM: ChilkatLog:
  FetchEmail:
    DllDate: Feb 12 2018
    ChilkatVersion: 9.5.0.72
    UnlockPrefix: **********
    Architecture: Little Endian; 64-bit
    Language: .NET 4.6 VS2017 / x64
    VerboseLogging: 0
    uidl: checkmyassignment-lan.main.com.cmailserver.453196
    no connection.
    closePopConnection:
      No POP3 socket connection exists.
    --closePopConnection
    no connection.
    Failed to get message size.
    msgNum: 965
  --FetchEmail
--ChilkatLog
« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 02:32:34 PM by BenevolentDeity »