Author Topic: Chilkat Crashing  (Read 698 times)

Brain2000

• View Profile
Chilkat Crashing
« on: December 11, 2017, 08:56:27 PM »
I am attempting to use Chilkat.dll in our software, from a piece that we call "email plugins".  Each plugin derives from a base class and is created using Class.newInstance().  A user can have 1, 10, 100 plugins...  In this case, I am only running one to test this.

Anyhow, when the plugin attempts to call Chilkat, it crashes on the line: "CkBounce ckB = new CkBounce();"

We verified the static load is running, and that it does in fact load the Chilkat.dll.  We even tried naming it incorrectly just to make sure we received an error; we did.

It crashes in such a way that the stack unwinds back two calls.  This error is not catchable by any try/catch.  It's quite bizarre.

I ran the runTest.bat just to make sure it can load and does show me the version number.  Note that we are using 64 bit Java 1.8.113.  We don't have Java 32 bit installed.

Any ideas what this could be?  I don't know if the dynamic Class.newInstance() is a known issue.

Brain2000

• View Profile
Re: Chilkat Crashing
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2017, 11:53:52 AM »
I should also add that we are running in a worker thread, not the main thread.

Brain2000

• View Profile
Re: Chilkat Crashing
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2017, 03:52:08 PM »
I found the issue!  It looks like the chilkat.JAR file wasn't being found even though the chilkat.DLL was being loaded.  Once I added the chilkat.JAR to the class path everything starting working.